The digital natives don’t know how good they’ve got it. I lived through the transition (see also “The Digital Revolution”), so I am familiar with both sides, and I gotta say my vote comes down in favor of digital media.
Here’s a rundown of the pros and cons.
Limitations of print media:
- can’t share
- can’t link in or out
- can’t revise later
- takes up space in your bag
- one shot deal (e.g., newspaper ads)
- gets ink on your hands
- uses natural resources, paper, energy
- requires more labor to produce
- graphic designer
Limitations of digital media:
- anyone can publish, therefore less inherent credibility