A total of 21 Signature facilities in six states made U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2015 list.
The news magazine and website each year publishes a list of the top nursing homes in the United States, out of nearly 16,000 nursing homes nationwide, based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The list is designed, according to U.S. News & World Report, to help users find a home with a strong track record of quality care. A majority of people age 65 or older will require some type of long-term care services during their lifetime, and more than 40 percent will need a period of care in a nursing home, according to CMS.
As an industry, long-term care is also a major economic driver, directly responsible for generating 3.1 million jobs and an estimated $183.5 billion in economic activity according to the American Health Care Association.
Here’s the list of SHC facilities named to the ‘Best Nursing Homes’ 2015 list:
• Signature HealthCARE of Orange Park
• Golfview Health Care Center
• The Bridge at Bay St. Joe
• Peninsula Care & Rehab Center
• Signature HealthCARE of North Florida
• Washington Rehab & Nursing Center
• Signature HealthCARE at The Courtyard
• Mountain City Care & Rehab Center
• Signature HealthCARE at Methodist
• Westmoreland Care & Rehab
• Rogersville Care & Rehab Center
• Harriman Care & Rehab
• SHC of Cleveland
• SHC of Erin
• Pickett Care & Rehab Center